A note from Missouri City Acting Fire and Rescue Services Chief Mario Partida, who is leading the City’s vaccine response:
The City has received many questions regarding the COVID-19 vaccine, from its safety to where and when residents can expect to receive their inoculations.
Texas is currently in Phase 1A and 1B of COVID-19 vaccine distribution.
Phase 1A includes:
- first responders
- health care workers in hospital settings
- health care workers in long-term care facilities
- outpatient medical staff
- urgent care staff
- last responders (funeral/mortuary services)
- school nurses
- residents of long-term care facilities
Phase 1B covers:
- people age 65 years and older
- people 16 years of age and older with at least one chronic medical condition that puts them at increased risk for severe illness from the virus that causes COVID-19, such as but not limited to:
- chronic kidney disease
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- heart conditions such as heart failure, coronary artery disease or cardiomyopathies
- solid organ transplantation
- obesity (body mass index of 30 kg/m2 or higher)
- sickle cell disease
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Phases 1C and 2 cover additional supply, and Phase 3 is broad supply of the vaccine, whereby regular citizens without health issues can be vaccinated. It is presently expected that Texas will not be at Phase 2 or 3 until summer.
Fort Bend County received nearly 6,000 doses of the vaccine this week. About 5,000 residents who already signed up for the vaccine will get those doses. To sign up for the vaccine, visit www.fbchealth.org.
The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines require two doses. Missouri City Fire & Rescue Services want to help remind our seniors about the importance of getting their second vaccination in the series, and will be dropping off reminder cards at local senior living centers and group homes.
Below is a list of approved providers in Missouri City for the COVID vaccine. Click on the following link to view Texas COVID-19 Vaccine Availability (arcgis.com).
Facilities that have received the vaccine:
- Fort Bend Pediatrics
- Glenn Lakes Pharmacy Inc.
- Heb Pharmacy 110
- Heb Pharmacy 474
- Next Level Urgent Care Sienna
- UT Physicians – Sienna