As part of Gov. Greg Abbott’s April 27 order, the Missouri City Recreation & Tennis Center, 2701 Cypress Point Dr., will be gradually re-opening in phases. Beginning 9 a.m. tomorrow—Wednesday, May 6—all outdoor courts will be open to residents with certain safety restrictions.
“We are following local, state and national guidelines and protocols to contain this pandemic,” said Interim City Manager Bill Atkinson. “The safety of our citizens and staff continues to be our top priority, and we want to ensure proper measures are taken prior to completely re-opening municipal facilities.”
The new regulations are as follows:
- Tennis/Pickle Ball courts will reopen in a limited capacity with six-feet social distancing rules; signage will be in place to remind players.
- Tennis/Pickle Ball courts will limit the amount of people per court to four during phase 1, and only certain courts will be available for reservation to allow more space between players on the courts (Courts 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 and 11 for Tennis; Court 13 for Pickle Ball only).
- No water coolers or equipment will be provided. And, no access to the facility will be granted for restrooms or water fountains.
- Court reservations restricted to existing Recreation & Tennis Center members.
- Doubles Play: Members will be allowed to have no more than 3 non-member guests on their court, and will incur a $1.50 charge per non-members guest per reservation.
- Singles Play: Non-member guests will incur a $4.50 charge per reservation.
- All court reservations must be made by phone or via email to the Tennis Administrator in advance at email@example.com or 281.403.8629.
- All court fees must be paid by phone. Only credit card payments will be accepted.
- Members may only make one court reservation for 1.5 hours at a time and only one court may be reserved per member each day.
- Court use is restricted to Singles and Double play; no lessons, tournaments, leagues or clinics will be allowed.
- Tennis Courts will be available to reserve on a time-block basis from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Time slots are as follows:
- 9 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- 10:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
- 12:30 p.m. – 2 p.m.
- 2:15 p.m. – 3:45 p.m.
- 4 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Report to your court at the reserved time and you MUST leave the court at the end of the time slot to allow time for sanitation before the next reservation.
- Benches, stands, and entry points on courts will be cleaned and disinfected between reservations.
For additional details, please call 281.403.8637 or review full operational guidelines via this link: https://bit.ly/2xnbUyC.
For more information about Missouri City, please watch the City website: www.missouricitytx.gov, like us on Facebook—fb/MissouriCityTX, follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat—@MissouriCityTX and Nextdoor, watch Missouri City Television (Ch. 16 on Comcast and Ch. 99 on AT&T U-verse) or download the MCTX Mobile app (available for free in Google Play and the Apple app store.)