UPDATE 9.14.21 7 a.m.
️The City’s municipal solid waste provider GFL Environmental plans to provide trash service today. However, start times have been delayed until after 7 a.m. to ensure their employees may travel safely. All routes will be running slower than usual as well due to road conditions. Please watch this page for updates or call GFL at 281.403.5800.
UPDATE 9.14.2021 5:30 a.m.
UPDATE 9.14.21 3:30 a.m.
As Hurricane Nicholas pass through our area, strong winds and heavy rain are occurring. If you have power outages in your areas, visit CenterPoint Outage Tracker to stay informed on estimated restoration times – http://ow.ly/aLXt50G9lw3 – & enroll in their free Power Alert Service to receive outage alerts via text – http://ow.ly/ngOL50G9lw4.
UPDATE 9.13.21 10 p.m.
As Tropical Storm Nicholas moves inland, the National Weather Service has issued a Tropical Storm Warning and a Flash Flood Watch for the region. Tropical storm-force winds of 30-40 mph with gusts up to 55 mph are expected along with total rainfall amounts of 4 to 8 inches, with predictions for local totals to reach a higher level of up to 15 inches.
The City’s Emergency Operations Center (EOC) is currently activated to Level 3 at Increased Readiness and preparations are in place to weather Tropical Storm Nicholas. Tune in to the City’s Facebook—fb/MissouriCityTX today, Monday, Sept. 13 at 6:30 p.m. for the latest updates from Mayor Robin J. Elackatt, City Council and emergency preparedness staff.
All non-emergency City offices closed at 3 p.m. today, Monday, Sept. 13. This includes:
- City Hall Front Lobby, 1522 Texas Pkwy.
- Inspections & Permits, 1522 Texas Pkwy.
- Animal Shelter, 1923 Scanlin Rd.
- Municipal Court, 3845 Cartwright Rd.
- Recreation & Tennis Center, 2701 Cypress Point Dr.
- Youth Dance and H.I.I.T. Fitness Classes for this evening are cancelled.
- Acrylic Painting scheduled for tomorrow is also cancelled.
The Quail Valley Golf Course and Bluebonnet Grille will close at 5 p.m. today and will remain closed tomorrow, Tuesday, Sept. 14.
Here are some additional cancellations/closures that are reported:
- Fort Bend ISD campuses and facilities closed early and all after-school activities, events and meetings for today are cancelled. Campuses will also be closed tomorrow, Tuesday, Sept. 14.
- Houston ISD campuses and facilities are also closed this afternoon and all after-school activities/events are canceled. In-person and virtual classes are also cancelled for tomorrow.
- Houston Community College campuses closed at 2 p.m. today and will be closed tomorrow.
Residents are advised to secure loose objects in their yards and on the exterior of their residences, including trash receptacles; to park their vehicles in driveways/garages rather than on the streets to avoid any damage due to street flooding; to keep streets clear for proper drainage and to allow for the passage of emergency vehicles. City staff will continue to monitor all roadway conditions; if there are areas of concern in your community, please call 281.403.8700.
Prepare now, be weather aware and remember: Turn Around, Don’t Drown! Citizens are encouraged to follow the City’s official websites and social media outlets to receive timely, accurate information. All updates including road conditions, event cancellations, office closures, municipal solid waste service and more will be shared on these official communication outlets.
The two main platforms used by City staff to share real-time information are the MCTX Emergency Management website, www.MissouriCityReady.com and the MCTX Twitter account, Twitter.com/MissouriCityEM. To ensure that the message is available to the public at-large, information will also be shared on the City’s main website—www.missouricitytx.gov; Facebook—fb/MissouriCityTX; Twitter—@MissouriCityTX; Instagram—@MissouriCityTX, municipal television station—MCTV (Ch. 16 on Comcast and Ch. 99 on AT&T U-verse); and Nextdoor.